Wednesday, April 30, 2008

silkscreen poster.




I had a extra time at studio last week, ( no fabrics to print! ) and I had to make prints for the printstitute. so I printed silkscreen poster using one of my favorite design doors.
I used 19 × 25inch off white paper from french paper. I think it would be nice to hung it up at my entrance or somewhere in the apt.
printing on paper and fabrics are different. it's basically same, but to me printing on paper is harder. You have to get it right at one time. I started with 10 prints, but after 5 layers of colors, it ended up with only 3 edition with BAT. that's bad...

8 comments:

Pattern and Perspective said...

I think this looks lovely!

meetmeatmikes said...

Yuko! This is lovely! I loved this print when you first showed us.. and to have it in my house sounds like a perfect idea! AND I ADORE my Linzie/Yuko dish towel! Thank you!

Yuko said...

thank you jschwa!
i like it too.
thanks pip!
i like this design too, i think it looks good on paper.
im glad to hear you like your towels!
thank you so much.

Waterrose said...

what a great poster! we have a business that has to do with doors...

Kangaroopals said...

lovely doors! I worked with French paper before and they are great! beautiful papers...but they are a bit $$$... where you got them... online?

Anonymous said...

I love my print!! Thank you, Yuko!

Yuko said...

thanks waterrose!
i think i will frame my door poster!
hi kangaroopals,
you worked rench paper? that sounds cool. i like their papers and website! i got them online.
hello carrie,
im glad to hear you like it! thanks!

sally said...

I love that print. It is so cute and wonderfully colorful. It's just awesome.